Re: Issues with CUPS

From: Daniel Meißner
Subject: Re: Issues with CUPS
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 12:28:53 +0100

Hi Alexander, hi Tobias,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes:
> Alexander Asteroth 写道:
>> When the system is restarted and I try to access cups via
>> localhost:631, after clicking on some (admin) link to add a printer
>> (or similar) it takes 2minutes (exactly) for the page to show up. In
>> /var/log/cups/access_log and .../error_log numerrous repeated entries
>
> This sounds like the bug long fixed on core-updates (‘any day now’ :-)
> that hasn't made it to master yet[0].  A simple
>
>   $ sudo touch /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>
> to create the file in question should work around it for now.

Thank you very much! I have had the same issues with the web-interface
under http://localhost:631/admin.  After creating the file, it works
perfectly.  I was going to mention this problem in the thread
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2021-12/msg00000.html>
also, since I thought it was related to my problem there.

Best
Daniel