Re: Container example for guix shell fails

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Container example for guix shell fails
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 12:37:30 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 02:48:29PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> On some foreign distro, I guess, this is required as root:

> # echo "kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone = 1" > /etc/sysctl.d/local.conf
> # sysctl --system

I don't think this sysctl flag is supported by the kernel.

If I understand correctly, it was provided by a 3rd-party patch.

I think that Debian does still use the patch; at least on some systems
that I have access to, the parameter is available.

But it may not exist on other distros.

https://lwn.net/Articles/673597/