Reference a store path of an input?

From: Jim Newsome
Subject: Reference a store path of an input?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:20:22 -0600

I'm just getting started experimenting with guix and guile, so I'm likely missing something obvious.

I'm trying to write a package definition for some software that builds with cmake and uses glib. The software searches some paths explicitly to find the glib headers etc; it should be fixed to use pkg-config instead, but I'd like to figure out how to work around it both as a learning exercise and so that I can work around it before I can get a fix merged.

I'd like to add some explicit flags to the cmake invocation so that it knows where to find glib. What do I substitute in for "get-store-path" below? Pointers to how I might have found the appropriate helper or approach on my own also appreciated.

```
(define-public oniontrace
  (package
    (name "oniontrace")
    (build-system cmake-build-system)
    (inputs `(("glib", glib)))
    (arguments
      '(#:configure-flags
(list (string-append "-DCMAKE_EXTRA_INCLUDES=" (get-store-path "glib") "/include"))))
```