GNOME shell extensions not being discovered or loaded

From: mason1920
Subject: GNOME shell extensions not being discovered or loaded
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 15:08:27 +0000

Hello! I am having trouble getting two GNOME shell extensions I installed from
Guix package manager on the Guix system to register with the shell.

Having installed the packages gnome-shell-extension-topicons-redux and
gnome-shell-extension-paperwm, no visible changes were made to my shell, even
following a reboot.
Additionally, gnome-extensions listreturns no extensions. I can verify that the
extensions are available in "$HOME/.guix-profile/share/gnome-shell/extensions/"
and that "$HOME/.guix-profile/share" is in the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment
variable (but with $HOME being replaced with the absolute path to my actual
home directory).

My Guix version is 6335c94b1d9897b6f65234f6d266c0c0f36d6112 and my shell is
version 41.0.

Note that the two extensions are the extent of my sample size; if I'm requested
to do so, I shall install more.