password-store is broken in master but builds in version-1.4.0 (utf8 pro

From: edk
Subject: password-store is broken in master but builds in version-1.4.0 (utf8 problem)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:34:03 +0100

Dear Guixers,

Using an up to date guix and guix-daemon on a foreign distro (Arch) I
can't build password-store.

It seems to be broken on cuirass also:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/306769/details

Same error as I have: an utf8-related test does not pass anymore.

On the version-1.4.0 branch, however, the package builds:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/361374/details

I tried to diff the package definition between the two branches, but
it's actually the same (unless my git-fu fails me).

I tried to see if any utf-8 related changes happened on master since the
point of divergence of the two branches, but nothing jumped at me.

If you have any idea on how to solve the problem...

Cheers,

Edouard.