Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium

From: Sergiu Ivanov
Subject: Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:25:46 +0100

Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> [2022-01-16T10:46:58+0100]:
> Is there anyone here who uses Jitsi Meet to share screens from Guix?  Let me
> know!
>
> At least in version 90 of chromium (third party, not a guix package), it used
> to work.
>
> With the current ungoogled-chromium on Guix, the moment someone else connects
> to the Jitsi session, ungooogled-chromium dies with an 'aw, snap' message.

A friend of mine runs a Jitsi instance on a private server, and we
sometimes have this issue because the Jitsi instance breaks for some
weird reason, and not because of the browser.

I suppose you tried with meet.jit.si already, and the other answers to
this thread are very useful, but I thought I'd mention my experience for
the record.

-
Sergiu