Re: guix build gives `/homeless-shelter' exists; please remove it

From: Phil
Subject: Re: guix build gives `/homeless-shelter' exists; please remove it
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:31:57 +0000

Leo Famulari writes:

> So, does /homeless-shelter exist on your filesystem?
>
> For example:
>
> $ ls -l /homeless-shelter
> ls: cannot access '/homeless-shelter': No such file or directory
>
> If it does, that's surprising.

Thanks Leo - indeed it was so suprising that I thought it was referring
to the root of the chroot used to build rather than just the root of
Ubuntu.

This was a bad assumption on my behalf  as /homeless-shelter really did
exist at my filesystem root (containing a single .config directory with
2 yamls in it related to the python dask package).

I moved the directory and everything is back to normal.

Even stranger the datestamp on the homeless shelter was from November
2021, so why it decided to start fail yesterday I have no idea.

Thanks again and sorry for the daft question - if I'd literally followed
the advice in the error message I'd have resolved it myself!  Way too
much overthinking on my behalf!