Re: Mount sshfs at boot or login

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Mount sshfs at boot or login
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:18:59 +0300

Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com> writes:

> I am searching a possible configuration to mount an sshfs filesystem
> at boot or login.  Do I use the pam-mount-service-type [1] for this?
> Are there any examples of a configuration?  Additionally I would like
> to use encfs on top of the mounted sshfs, also when possible at boot
> or login?

I don't think PAM is required.

Personally I use autofs service [1], but it's not upstreamed to Guix
repository because of:

- restarting service does not work, need to stop and start instead.
- mount -t fuse requires /bin/ssh and /bin/sshfs [2]

Other that that, it works pretty well with configuration:
(service autofs-service-type
         (autofs-configuration
          (mounts (list
                   (autofs-mount-configuration
                    (target "/mnt/ssh/workstation")
                    (source ":sshfs\\#ws1.wugi.info\\:/home/oleg"))))))

;; mount -t fuse and autofs
(extra-special-file "/bin/sshfs"
                    (file-append sshfs "/bin/sshfs"))
(extra-special-file "/bin/ssh"