Re: Guix OS + Wayland + Gnome Questions

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guix OS + Wayland + Gnome Questions
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 16:14:12 +0100

Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> writes:

> I run Wayland + Gnome on my Guix OS. (See attached files for detailed
> configuration)
>
> Q1. How do I Lock Screen?
>
> Q2. How do I take Screenshots?
>
> Q3. Should I not bother with Wayland and use X11 (or whatever that's
> called that is the default)?     I started to use Wayland because
> there was significant lag in repeated (that happens automatically when
> a key is pressed for a few seconds)  keystrokes in terminal
> applications.

I just went back from Wayland to X11 because with Gnome this all feels
too buggy.  I had constantly shifting window frames when switching
windows, screen blanking whenever I’d watch a video with mpv for long
enough, could not use the Gnome screen keyboard, and was no longer able
to use peek for recording videos.

--
Ricardo