ssh key on smartcard for guix deploy to DigitalOcean

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: ssh key on smartcard for guix deploy to DigitalOcean
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:22:53 +0100

Hi Guixers,

I'm trying to deploy a server configuration to DigitalOcean. My problem now
is that my ssh private key resides on a smart card and I don't understand
how this is working with the ssh-key field:

(list (machine
        (operating-system calendar-server)
        (environment digital-ocean-environment-type)
        (configuration (digital-ocean-configuration
(ssh-key "/home/reza/.ssh/smartcard.pub")
(tags '("calendar"))
                        (region "fra1")
                        (size "s-1vcpu-1gb")
                        (enable-ipv6? #t)))))

I tried to set the path to a file with the contents of ssh-add -L, but that
does not seem to work.

Any hints how to achieve this?

Kind regards,
Reza