Re: printer installed, now scanner ?

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: printer installed, now scanner ?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 15:13:45 +0000

I found the printing documentation in the manual already, but I didn´t understand exactly what I have to do practically.
That´s why, I wrote this email.

I tried several times to configure /etc/config.scm according to your email, but it failed. I have problems to understand yet the manual (It seems to me the manual is written for people who have already a degree in computers)

this is my config.scm file:
what do I have to add exactly and where?

;; This is an operating system configuration generated
;; by the graphical installer.

(use-modules (gnu))
(use-package-modules cups)
(use-service-modules cups desktop networking ssh xorg)

(operating-system
  (locale "de_DE.utf8")
  (timezone "Europe/Berlin")
  (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "de"))
  (host-name "Tuxedo")
  (users (cons* (user-account
                  (name "gfp")
                  (comment "Gfp")
                  (group "users")
                  (home-directory "/home/gfp")
                  (supplementary-groups
                    '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video")))
                %base-user-accounts))
  (packages
    (append
      (list (specification->package "awesome")
            (specification->package "nss-certs"))
      %base-packages))
  (services
    (append
      (list (service mate-desktop-service-type)
            (service enlightenment-desktop-service-type)
                        (service cups-service-type
                                (cups-configuration
                                        (web-interface? #t)
                                        (extensions (list cups-filters
hplip))))
                        (service openssh-service-type)
            (service tor-service-type)
            (set-xorg-configuration
              (xorg-configuration
                (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))))
      %desktop-services))

  (bootloader
    (bootloader-configuration
      (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
      (target "/boot/efi")
      (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))
  (swap-devices
    (list (uuid "51d5cd20-4513-4a02-9e35-df4338eccaa0")))
  (file-systems
    (cons* (file-system
             (mount-point "/boot/efi")
             (device (uuid "BB77-FE3B" 'fat32))
             (type "vfat"))
           (file-system
             (mount-point "/")
             (device
               (uuid "4fb0ed7c-61ab-45eb-be0b-ff527b320e6d"
                     'ext4))
             (type "ext4"))
           %base-file-systems)))

gottfried