Re: How to change the store location

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: How to change the store location
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:47:34 -0500

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 03:19:57PM +0000, Jean-Christophe HAESSIG wrote:
> I'm experimenting with Guix to use it on an HPC cluster. In the docs it
> is written that the store's *default* location is /gnu/store/ but I
> can't find how that location ca be changed. Same for /var/guix.

These are configured while building Guix:

$ ./configure --help
[...]
--localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]
[...]
--with-store-dir=PATH   file name of the store (defaults to /gnu/store)
[...]

If you change the store directory, then you won't be able to use
substitutes from the project's build farm.