Re: Guix website and CI is unavailable in Russia

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guix website and CI is unavailable in Russia
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 08:35:20 +0100

Hi,

w96k@riseup.net writes:

> I want to ask guix server location and ask is it some kind of ban from
> guix server side or not? Maybe guix server provider or government bans
> some russian ips now.

On the Guix side we don’t block anyone with a firewall.

The data centre is in Berlin and it uses infrastructure of the Deutsches
Forschungsnetz (DFN).  The DFN has not announced any network wide bans
of connection attempts from Russia.

The institute hosting the servers is the MDC and it is a member of the
Helmholtz Association.  The Helmholtz Association announced on February
25 that they would implement unspecified measures to freeze all
scientific collaboration with institutions in Russia.  I haven’t been
informed of any specific decisions in this area, but it is possible that
access restrictions have been demanded at that level.

I’ll ask around.

--
Ricardo