#StopRussianAggression, Re: Guix website and CI is unavailable in Russia

From: Mykola Nikishov
Subject: #StopRussianAggression, Re: Guix website and CI is unavailable in Russia
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 20:33:05 +0200

w96k@riseup.net writes:

> Hello. Looks like Guix website (guix.gnu.org) and guix ci in cli (can't
> pull and install packages from ci.guix.gnu.org) doesn't work without a
> tor for some users from Russia including me. Gnu.org works fine without
> a tor.

It is likely because of something like
https://www.engadget.com/cogent-communications-223135454.html:

    Cogent Communications, an internet backbone provider that carries
    approximately 25 percent of all global web traffic, has begun cutting
    ties with Russian businesses in response to the country’s invasion of
    Ukraine.

I'm fine that someone took action to violate your GNU freedoms in favor
of my freedom #0.0 - freedom to stay alive, in the first place.

#StopRussianAggression

--
Mykola

Libre/Free Java Software Developer