Re: missing files from aspell-dict package

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: missing files from aspell-dict package
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 11:47:02 +0100

vapnik spaknik <vapniks@yahoo.com> skribis:

> I have installed the latest versions of aspell & aspell-dict-en via guix on a
> foreign distro:

Normally ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile does:

  export ASPELL_DICT_DIR="$HOME/lib/aspell“

Can you confirm that’s the case?

[...]

> The aspell installation contains cset & cmap files in its lib/aspell-0.60/
> subdir, but no dat files, whereas the aspell-dict-en contains dat files but
> not cset or cmap files. However, aspell expects them to be in the same
> directory, as they are in the debian aspell package (in /usr/lib/aspell).

I’m not familiar enough with Aspell.  Do you think this is a
misconfiguration of the ‘aspell-dict-en’ package and possibly other
‘aspell-dict-’ packages?

$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-fr ) -name \*cset
$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-fr ) -name \*cmap
$ find $(guix build aspell-dict-en ) -name \*cmap

Let us know if you have clues on how to fix it.

TIA,
Ludo’.