Re: Problem when packaging Avizo

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Problem when packaging Avizo
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:52:34 -0400

Hi Pier-Hugues,

Pier-Hugues Pellerin <ph@heykimo.com> writes:

> Hello Ludo,
>
> It does happen every time, I've added the parameters '--max-jobs=1
> --no-offload'
> and I get the same results with the same stack trace. Anything else I could
> give you, should
> I open a bug report?

I've tested your definition, and it seems the problem is unrelated to
the suggested bug report after all.  The issue appears to be adding the
current directory (presumably of your guix checkout) to the load path
with 'L .'; this somehow interferes with Guix's own loading/discovery
mechanism and fails with:

guix build: warning: failed to load '(build-aux build-self)':
no code for module (build-aux build-self)
./build-aux/build-self.scm:19:0: warning: module name (build-self) does not
match file name 'build-aux/bu'
hint: File `./build-aux/build-self.scm' should probably start with:

     (define-module (build-aux build-self))

One way out would be to move your package to somewhere else:

mkdir -p /tmp/avizo

mv avizo.scm /tmp/avizo

$ guix build -L /tmp/avizo avizo
/gnu/store/kv6ycqqxv2xqq3kxa9lmv9aczravs5cp-avizo-1.2

Alternatively, you could return the package object at the end of your
avizo.scm file, then build it more simply with:

$ guix build -f avizo.scm
/gnu/store/kv6ycqqxv2xqq3kxa9lmv9aczravs5cp-avizo-1.2

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Maxim