`guix pull` leads an error while building guix-package-cache

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: `guix pull` leads an error while building guix-package-cache
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 18:04:40 +0000

Hi Guix,

when I run `guix pull`, it results in this error:

    \builder for `/gnu/store/…-guix-package-cache.drv' failed to produce output
path `/gnu/store/…-guix-package-cache'
    build of /gnu/store/…-guix-package-cache.drv failed
    View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/di/…-guix-package-cache.drv.bz2'.
    cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/…-profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't
be built
    guix pull: error: build of `/gnu/store/…-profile.drv' failed

These are the error logs:

    (repl-version 0 1 1)
    Generating package cache for '/gnu/store/…-profile'...
    (exception unbound-variable (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~S")
(value (gexp)) (value #f))

What's wrong with my system?

I also have a private, custom guix-channel. Its .git-directory got
corrupted, so I had to remove it and re-initialize the repository. Could
that be a reason for Guix to break? How can I repair my state?

Thanks in advance.