Inkscape icons missing

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Inkscape icons missing
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:11:19 +0000

Hello Guix users!

I've noticed an issue with Inkscape installed via Guix and wonder whether only I have this issue, or it is more wide spread:

When I install Inkscape using the following command:

guix shell inkscape -- inscape

I get a running Inkscape and it seems to work fine, but all the icons of buttons of the UI are missing and the icons for cursors are also missing. For example, when I hover over a frame border, which I can drag to the right or left to change size of frames that make the UI, like for example the alignment frame border (or area or whatever you want to call it).

Information about versions:

~~~~
$ guix describe --format=channels
(list (channel
        (name 'guix)
        (url"https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git";)
        (branch "master")
        (commit
          "a1632d59529909ab3733772f203e7ea64809b85e")
        (introduction
          (make-channel-introduction
            "9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad"
            (openpgp-fingerprint
              "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D  E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 54FA")))))

$ guix shell inkscape -- inkscape --version
Gtk-Message: 12:08:54.501: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module"
Inkscape 1.1.1 (3bf5ae0d25, 2021-09-20)
~~~~

I do not remember this problem happening before, but I also changed my desktop environment to XFCE on this machine (from Cinnamon), so that might change things with the icon locations perhaps. I think though, that probably the icons should be a dependency of the application.

Best regards,
Zelphir

--
repositories:https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl