Re: Missing LaTeX font (R related)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Missing LaTeX font (R related)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:57:35 +0200

TK <tkprom@protonmail.com> writes:

> After some more investigation, I think I narrowed down the
> issue. Package texlive-inconsolata indeed installs the `t1-zi4r-0'
> font. However, the `map' for that font exists only under dvips, not in
> the pdftex subdir.

We’re generating these map files based on the contents of the profile.
We’re using a profile hook for this.

> I am not a TeX magus, but it is indicative that the file on the
> official TeXLive repo
> https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
> does contain `zi4' entries.

We don’t use that file because it contains *everything*; instead we
generate it in a profile hook so that it only contains entries that
correspond to what has actually been installed.

> Shouldn't the installation of texlive-inconsolata put the
> corresponding entries into `pdftex.map'?

Yes, it should.

> Any hints on where to go from here?

When I do

   guix shell -C texlive-base texlive-inconsolata

I see that
$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
contains entries for the inconsolata fonts.

(The profile hook depends on texlive-base.)

--
Ricardo