Re: Packaging existing software for Guix

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: Packaging existing software for Guix
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 08:26:42 +0200

Hi Cássio

> OK, I checked this scheme file, and it's just a four-line program,
> but I don't get it. So, help me here ─ what is this *↓↓↓* `mes` code
> actually doing?

This line gets the name of the directory in which (current-filename),
i.e. /path/to/mes/guix.scm lies.
> (define %source-dir (dirname (current-filename)))
This adds /path/to/mes/guix to the Guile load path.
> (add-to-load-path (string-append %source-dir "/guix"))
This loads git/mes.scm from the load path (see above) and makes its
public bindings available.
> (use-modules (git mes))
This is just a variable, probably exported by the (git mes) module,
which should itself be a (package ...) description.
> mes.git

Cheers