Latam keyboard layout changed, how can I get the old one back?

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Latam keyboard layout changed, how can I get the old one back?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 22:00:55 +0000

Hi,

I'm currently using Guix System (guix ab98b51), and noticed that I can't type
less-than (<) and greater-than (>) signs anymore, even though I didn't change
the keyboard-layout in my system definition (or anywhere else):

(keyboard-layout "latam" #:options '("ctrl:nocaps"))

Using this layout, I used to get less-than and greater-than by typing
Alt+Shift+Z and Alt+Shift+X, respectively, but when I upgraded to guix ab98b51,

Checking the layout in GNOME, I saw a 105-keys keyboard, but mine is 104 keys,
so I reconfigured my system with

(keyboard-layout "latam" #:model "pc104" #:options '("ctrl:nocaps"))

but that didn't do much: less-than and greater-than are still nowhere to be
found:

https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2022/04/gnome-41-distribución-de-teclado-español-latinoamericano-104-teclas.png

In the meantime, I've been typing the lost signs entering their UNICODE
directly (Shift+U+UNICODE), but if anyone knows how to get the old mapping
back, that'll be great.

Thanks in advance,

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo