How to prevent incomplete build results from being garbage collected?

From: Mykola Nikishov
Subject: How to prevent incomplete build results from being garbage collected?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:34:54 +0300

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a package that fails. In the meantime, I'd like to
reclaim some disk space by collecting garbage. After that, all build
results for such package are gone and rebuilding it next time just
wastes bandwidth and CPU cycles by re-downloading and re-building the
same stuff:

#+begin_example
  guix build <PACKAGE>
  guix gc
  guix build <PACKAGE>
#+end_example

Using --root=FILE with guix build does not help, I suppose it would help
only for successful build.

How could I retain build results regardless if build was successful or
not?

--
Mykola

Libre/Free Java Software Developer