Scanner

From: Gottfried
Subject: Scanner
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:19:27 +0000

Hi,
I could not install a Scanner in Guix, that's why I installed a second Linux distro: GNUinOS on a second hard disk.

In GnuinOS my HP Printer was working, I could print, but I couldn't scan in the beginning.

So I installed "hplip" and when in my applications the "hplip toolbox" icon as a programm showed up, I opened it, and than I could install/add a scanner, which is in my "HP Officejet all in one" included. Than I could scan with my printer.

In Guix I installed hplip, but the application as an icon does not show up. So I can't open it and may be install/add a scanner to it.

Does anybody have a HP all-in-one printer/scanner,and if it is working, than he could show me his /etc/config.scm file how the printer is installed, and I could do the same in my config.scm file, hoping it will work.

Hopefully Guix developers include a Scanner in the next Version of Guix, so that there is no hassle for newcomers.

best wishes

Gottfried