Re: Kernel panic on new machine

From: raingloom
Subject: Re: Kernel panic on new machine
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 03:14:59 +0200

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:51:30 +0000
phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Guix to a new machine and after rebooting the live
> install I get kernel panic.
>
> The machine is Dell x86_64 uefi machine with FAT32 boot partition and
> Luks partition with Btrfs filesystem with rootfs.
>
> Could you please help me?
>
> Petr

This is a Guix init issue, not "really" a kernel panic. As you can see,
there is some kind of error in the Scheme code being run at boot time,
but instead of being dropped into a debug shell, it exits, which causes
the kernel to panic.
This is because Guile is running as PID 1, that is, it is the first
process the kernel starts. PID 1 is kinda special and AFAIK it is not
allowed to exit, ever. Otherwise you get that panic.