Re: Problem with uilding a package for intel onepi fortran compiler.

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: Problem with uilding a package for intel onepi fortran compiler.
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 01:06:29 -0300

Hello Céline,

Céline Acary-Robert <celine.acary-robert@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> writes:

> We are trying to build a package for intel onepi fortran compiler. The
> sources are installed through a script "install" (/bin/sh) which calls
> a binary bootstrapper which allows to download the files and install
> them

I don’t know about the “no such file or directory” error that you are
seeing, but I can tell that if  you’re able to fix it, then you’ll run
into the problem that the binary bootstrapper won’t be able to download
the files.

Guix’s build environment doesn’t allow access to the network. A
package needs to be able to be built with the declared inputs and
native-inputs and nothing more. This is required for security, integrity
and build reproducibility of the resulting package.

Is it possible to download the files in advance and provide them as
inputs to the package?

> starting phase `install'
> ./install.sh: line 34:

What's in line 34 of install.sh?

> /tmp/guix-build-intel_oneapi-2022.0.1.70.drv-0/l_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.1.70_offline/bootstrapper:
> No such file or directory

If you run guix build with the “--keep-failed” argument, do you see a
“bootstraper” file in the directory above? If so, and if it is an ELF
binary, does running ‘ldd’ on it show that it has all the libraries that
it needs?

--
Thanks
Thiago