Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channels (

From: jgart
Subject: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channels (ignoring Debian)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:05:41 -0400

Hi Guixers,

What configurations can affect the visibility of channel news after a `guix
pull`?

On Debian, after doing a `sudo apt install guix` I am able to see channel news
for custom channels I've added to my channels.scm file.

I can't determine what is allowing that but maybe Vagrant knows?

On void linux, I don't see channel news for a custom channel.

How do you suggest I debug this?

Let me know what configuration files I should share here.

all best,

jgart