Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channe

From: jgart
Subject: Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channels (ignoring Debian)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:51:19 -0400

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:49:51 +0200 "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)"
<pelzflorian@pelzflorian.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 08:05:41PM -0400, jgart wrote:
> Then I’d try what
>
> (display-news %current-profile)
>
> prints (if anything).

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the help!

This is what I get:

```
scheme@(guix scripts pull)>
(display-news %current-profile)

guix repl: no channel news since generation 28
hint: Run `guix pull -l' to view the news for earlier generations.
```

> Then I’d try to repeat the same after I surround interesting parts of
> the display-news or display-channel-specific-news procedures with
>
> (pk …)
>
> for example instead of
>
> (generation-file-name profile previous))
>
> write
>
> (pk (generation-file-name profile previous)))

What are the argument types of profile and previous in
`generation-file-name`? strings or absolute path to a profile and string?

Could you share an explicit example of how to call `generation-file-name`?

It would be much appreciated. Maybe we can work on documenting the
function further here for others as a result of that.

all best,

jgart