Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channe

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channels (ignoring Debian)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 14:24:05 +0200

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 02:01:55AM -0400, jgart wrote:
> I still do not get any news for the custom channel when I run `guix pull
> --list-generations`.
>
> On Debian it works but on Void Linux I must have something not set up that I
> can't pin point at the moment.

News entries for commits before you had set up the channel will not
show up.  But assuming the news entry is for a commit you had already
pulled sometime in the past,

guix pull --list-generations

must show it.  If you double-checked that, you should check by pasting
into `guix repl` the pull.scm file with the pk added around new and
old, note the output, and file a bug to bug-guix@gnu.org, saying that
you already discussed it on help-guix.

Regards,
Florian