Environment issue with guix home, my default guix profile, and loading s

From: jgart
Subject: Environment issue with guix home, my default guix profile, and loading sbcl-alexandria
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:25:56 -0500

Hi,

I tested this on two different laptops, one running Ubuntu and one running Void
Linux.

On the laptop running Void Linux, I can easily load sbcl-alexandria at a sbcl
REPL with:

(require :asdf)
(:asdf:load-system :alexandria)

On the laptop running Ubuntu, I have guix home installed. I have packages
installed via my default profile as well as my guix home profile.

All the sbcl related packages and emacs and emacs-sly packages are installed
via guix home.

I have a few emacs packages not related to common lisp installed via my default
profile.

On the Ubuntu laptop, sbcl cannot find the alexandria package.

How should I go about debugging this further. What information would be helpful
to share to debug this issue further?

all best,

jgart