Re: behavior of guix package -k -u on substitute download failure or bui

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: behavior of guix package -k -u on substitute download failure or build failure
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 18:53:00 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 at 13:11, Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> wrote:

> if any failure occurs (network failure downloading substitutes or
> local build failure)

I agree and me too I am also confused.  When I run “guix build -k”, I am
expecting that Guix will build all it can.  And that’s not the case:
sometimes Guix stops because some network failures.  Sometimes because
some building failures.  And sometimes, I have to relaunch the command
adding the option “--fallback” or “--no-substitute”.

Since these kind of errors are hard to reproduce, then it is hard to
report an issue. :-)

Well, somehow it is about the guix-daemon and the way the queue of store
items is processed, I guess.

Bah, nothing to propose.  Only another feedback about the annoyance. :-)

Cheers,
simon