Re: Identifying cause of local package build

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Identifying cause of local package build
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 19:09:40 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 at 21:33, Skyler via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:

> Is there an efficient way to track down what is causing this inkscape
> to be built, aside from manually running `guix gc --referrers` on
> every derivation until I (hopefully) find something that leads me to
> the root cause?

The list of packages that can trigger a rebuild of inkscape are provided
by:

$ guix refresh --list-transitive inkscape
inkscape@1.2.1 depends on the following 349 packages: …

Or you can also run something like,

    $ guix graph inkscape | grep label | cut -f2 -d'=' | cut -f1 -d','

to list the dependencies of inkscape.

Is it what you are looking for?

Cheers,
simon