Re: Install and load new emacs package without restarting it

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Install and load new emacs package without restarting it
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 21:15:55 -0400

Mekeor Melire <mekeor@posteo.de> writes:

>> Hi Guix,
>
> Hello!
>
>> I'm wondering whether it's possible to install an emacs package and
>> enable it without restarting emacs.

[...]

> Or, if you have emacs-guix installed, you could try:
>
>    M-x guix-emacs-autoload-packages RET

It should be the above (note that it ships with Guix itself, not with
emacs-guix) as the glue used to load the autoload packages.

It used to work prior to reinstating elisp package installation to their
own unique directory.  I think it'd be worth it to open a bug for it and
try to make it work again; it shouldn't be too difficult.

--
Thanks,
Maxim