Re: how can I use the "keep going" command when updating packages

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: how can I use the "keep going" command when updating packages
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 09:21:26 +0000

Hi,

thanks for your help

'guix package --upgrade . --keep-going' to
upgrade everything, or 'guix package --keep-going --upgrade' for the
same effect.

I tried both commands, both are not working.

the update breaks after not managing one package and it doesn’t continue with updating other packages.

So at the moment it is

1. impossible to update my Lilypond profil (after several attempts)

2. imposssible to update my packages in the default profile (since weeks)

3. impossible to install "plasma-desktop",(after several attempts)
 it wants to build 11 packages locally, one needed 3 hours to build,
after that it broke because it couldn’t solve one dependent package.

and it is not sure at all, if after installing all packages it will work.

4. impossible to use the additional monitor for MATE-desktop because the display manager gdm doesn’t work well.

Kind regards

Gottfried