Re: how can I use the "keep going" command when updating packages

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: how can I use the "keep going" command when updating packages
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:27:14 +0200

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your help
>
>> 'guix package --upgrade . --keep-going' to
>>> upgrade everything, or 'guix package --keep-going --upgrade' for the
>>> same effect.

I'm pretty sure --keep-going just means trying to *build* everything.
If you don't want to upgrade a profile and skip packages that don't
build, you have to explicitly use --do-not-upgrade.
So:
guix upgrade --do-not-upgrade=one-package --do-not-upgrade='(this-one|or-this)'

Keep in mind that it treats its arguments as regular expressions.