Re: Unicode Symbols for Greek Extended

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Unicode Symbols for Greek Extended
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 09:31:15 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 6:39 AM Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> wrote:

> I would need the Unicode Symbols of Greek Extended,

I would probably add the package 'font-sil-gentium' [1] and then
regenerate my font cache with 'fc-cache -f -v'. [2] In most cases, it
should be sufficient to do so as a user rather than on the system
level.

The font designers state that "Gentium is a typeface family designed
to enable ... Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek scripts.... It supports
almost the complete range of Unicode characters." [3]

Please do some research to find the best font for you, though. I am
culturally on the opposite side of the Ancient Greeks and therefore
not a good source for related information.

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://packages.guix.gnu.org/packages/font-sil-gentium/
[2] https://davelage.com/posts/rebuild-font-cache-linux/