Re: Racket REPL not working

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Racket REPL not working
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 21:55:49 +0000

On 5/15/23 02:20, Felix Lechner wrote:
Hi Zelphir,

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 2:57 PM Zelphir Kaltstahl
<zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>  wrote:
I updated guix today using `guix pull && guix package -u`, but even before that,
I had an issue starting a Racket REPL simply entering `racket`:
Following your lead, I just updated Racket to the latest version (via
Guix Home). It works fine locally.

   > racket --version
   Welcome to Racket v8.8 [cs].

At the bottom you can see what I saw when I did not realize that I was
in the Racket REPL. My Emacs Eshell uses the same prompt symbol.

I use Guix as the base system. Are you using the Guix package manager
while you are in another Linux distribution?

This machine runs a Xubuntu:

~~~~
lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        22.04
Codename:       jammy
~~~~

I am no longer sure, whether I installed it as a Ubuntu or Xubuntu right away.

--
repositories:https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl