How to enable server discovery in foreign distro?

From: Rodrigo Morales
Subject: How to enable server discovery in foreign distro?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 17:40:04 +0000

Previously, when I had installed GuixSD in my systems I executed "herd
discover guix-daemon on" in order to be able to retrieve packages from
my local network and thus reduce the download time.

Now, I'm installing Guix on a foreign distro and I want to enable server
discovery in my local network in this system. Because it is a foreign
distro, there's no herd command. I'm wondering if it is possible to
accomplish the same result as "herd discover guix-daemon on" in a
foreign distro.

Any help is appreciated.