Re: guix weather

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: guix weather
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 15:31:59 +0200

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi,
>
> what is the command for checking my manifest "lilypond.scm" with guix
> weather?
>
> guix weather -m lilypond.scm
> does not work
>
> guix weather -m lilypond.scm=/home/gpf/Projekte/Lilypond
> does not work either
>
> my "lilypond.scm" file is in: /home/gpf/Projekte/Lilypond/
>

> Kind regards
>
> Gottfried
>
> [2. OpenPGP public key --- application/pgp-keys;
> OpenPGP_0x61FAF349C9FB7F94.asc]...
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

If it's a valid manifest, then guix weather -m /path/to/the/manifest.scm
If that doesn't work, then either you are using the wrong path or it's
not a valid manifest file.

If it can't find the file using a relative path (ie.: one that does not
start with a slash) then you should use an absolute path, like so:
/home/gpf/Projekte/Lilypond/lilypond.scm

This:
lilypond.scm=/home/gpf/Projekte/Lilypond
is definitely not going to work.  Guix uses that syntax for package
transformations, not files.