Re: Error when tab-completing Guix-subcommand in Emacs' Eshell

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Error when tab-completing Guix-subcommand in Emacs' Eshell
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 09:22:49 +0000

Hello Guix! :)

Hello Mekeor!

When I open Emacs ("emacs -q"), run Eshell (M-x eshell RET) and type "guix " followed by TAB, why do I get the following error message?

This happens because Eshell does not run the external program "guix" but the emacs-lisp function "guix" from the emacs-guix package that is broken, as far as I know. As described at (info "(eshell) Built-ins"), you can try typing "*guix" instead. (Or uninstall emacs-guix.)

I hope that helps!