Re: guix docker on gitlab-ci

From: wolf
Subject: Re: guix docker on gitlab-ci
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 23:55:25 +0200

On 2023-05-31 18:47:03 +0100, Graham Addis wrote:
> Hi Wolf,
>
> On Tue, 30 May 2023 at 07:52, Graham Addis <grahamjamesaddis@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > ENTRYPOINT ["executable", "param1", "param2"] # The exec form, which
> > is the preferred form:
>
> I realised that pack takes multiple symlink(s) using
>
> --symlink /bin=bin --symlink /opt=opt
>
> I could use the equivalent format for --entry-point
>
> --entry-point executable --entry-point param1 --entry-point param2
>
> This seems the most consistent approach with the current implementation so
> far.
>
> Thoughts?

I think that is a reasonable idea.  Only downside is that it would not be
backwards compatible (since currently last --entry-point wins), however I am not
sure if someone actually relies on that behavior.

Backwards compatible way would be keeping --entry-point as it is and introducing
new argument (--entry-point-arg) that could be used to build the argument list,
but I might be overthinking it :).

W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.