Re: Unrecognized mount options to an ext4 filesystem.

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Unrecognized mount options to an ext4 filesystem.
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 10:26:47 +0300

On Tue, Jun 06, 2023 at 08:40:09PM +0000, Alexandros Prekates wrote:
> On Tue,  6 Jun 2023 16:38:07 +0000
> Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue,  6 Jun 2023 16:28:11 +0000
> > Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> wrote:
> >

> > I found in the doc something that i had missed:
> >
> > Run man 8 mount for options for various file systems, but beware that
> > what it lists as file-system-independent “mount options” are in fact
> > flags, and belong in the flags field described above.
> >
> > So could i will try to make a flags list and see if i have any lack.
> >
> > Alexandros.
> >

> I tried  (flags '(read-only exec))  and  (flags '(read-only nofail))
>
> but /etc/config.scm:93:23: error: invalid file system mount flag: nofail
>
> /etc/config.scm:93:23: error: invalid file system mount flag: exec
>
> So i dont understand how do we pass those FILESYSTEM-INDEPENDENT MOUNT
> OPTIONS to guix system reconfigure ?

For your nofail option you way want the mount-may-fail? option¹. If you
want to check the source for what mount options are supported, its in
(gnu system file-systems), and the list is

(known-flags '(read-only
               bind-mount no-suid no-dev no-exec
               no-atime no-diratime strict-atime lazy-time
               shared))

¹ https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/File-Systems.html

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא