Re: Newbie: How to edit a faulty package definition?

From: Hilton Chain
Subject: Re: Newbie: How to edit a faulty package definition?
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 12:57:59 +0800

Hi Rodrigo,

On Sun, 25 Jun 2023 11:30:42 +0800,
Rodrigo Morales wrote:
>   | (define-module (my test-2)
>   | (define-public emacs-subed
>   |   (package
>   |     (name "emacs-subed")
>   The main topic of this thread could have been: How to make "guix home"
>   give higher priority to a path specified through the `-L' flag? But I
>   decided not to ask for help on `guix home', because there are less
>   "guix home" users than Guix users, so I might need to wait
>   significantly more to get some help. I'd rather learn how to edit
>   package definitions and make `guix package -i' aware of that. I've
>   opened another thread on a question related to "guix edit" [here].

I have a solution but not about priorities.

The solution depends on how you add packages to your home environment.

If you are referencing them as variables, you can change the variable name of
your package, or directly referencing it with (@ (my test-2) emacs-subed).

If you are using the specification->package procedure, you can change the name
field of your package definition.