Re: Getting Guix to shutdown my laptop properly with Sway and no DE

From: Skyler Ferris
Subject: Re: Getting Guix to shutdown my laptop properly with Sway and no DE
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 01:11:22 +0000

On 7/4/23 12:26, danclm--- via wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> My T420 with Guix (no DE, only SDDM + Elogind + Sway) hangs during shutdown
> after running loginctl poweroff/reboot or /sbin/shutdown /sbin/reboot. It
> just sits there and only resolution is hard poweroff. It happens often.

In case this is relevant I am experiencing a similar issue in a VM
running kmscon. I /think/ it happens when I reconfigure my system in a
way that changes the services running on the OS (maybe the user services
too, I don't run any at the moment) but this is based on anecdotal
observations, I haven't found time to thoroughly test or root-cause
anything. So it might be a different issue with the same symptom, or
Sway might not be a relevant detail (or both).