VSCode DevContainer for Guix?

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: VSCode DevContainer for Guix?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 05:55:33 +0900

Hello!!

So I have just spent a month battling with Docker and VSCode for a project and
became familiar with them.  Combining both, we can create a very pleasant and
reproducible developer environment that everyone can copy.

DevContainer is like Screen/Tmux on steroids - the heavy lifting of compilation
and running can be shifted to a Docker, a remote SSH session, or a combination
of both, while the end-programmer can interact with the local VSCode IDE.  And
the developer-facing computer can be any of the 3 - Linux, Windows or Macintosh
(inclusive of Apple custom CPU)

A development team can share the exact same environment using this mechanism.

I think we should have such a DecContainer for Guix programmers? 😄

-Yasu