Re: python package managers: which works on Guix

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: python package managers: which works on Guix
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 18:05:15 +0000

Hi,

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, July 27th, 2023 at 5:57 PM, Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> wrote:

> Hi, a general question: Python-native package managers like conda and
> poetry both do not work (or build) on Guix now (I mean the packaged
> versions of these in Guix). Curious if any Python package manager
> works on top of Guix at this time? Thanks.

Guix itself is a pretty reasonable package manager for python too.

I've been using Pipenv, but pipenv shell has issues.

I decided to use Guix for it directly like: guix shell -m python-wrapper
python-requests python-...

Or even making a proper manifest.scm or a guix package.

It's the best, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the python
package managers work.

Hope this helps,
Ekaitz