Re: Problem with Sheperd after `guix home reconfigure`

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Problem with Sheperd after `guix home reconfigure`
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:23:56 +0200

Hello,

Am Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 08:40:57PM +0800 schrieb Hilton Chain:
> This is caused by a missing module in mcron's service definition, and
> now it should be fixed in 552d0703776c532f25498d5cb852c3c497cb9252.
> Please run `guix pull', then reconfigure the home environment.

Now someone on IRC reports the converse problem:

<Altadil>Did a recent commit broke guix ? I juste did guix pull but can
reconfigure the system anymore. Seems sheperd-mcron fails to build.
<Altadil>*cannot
<andreas-e>Altadil: This sounds like a bug just was just repaired in the most
recent commit. Can you try to pull once more?
<Altadil>andreas-e: still no luck. I am on 552d070, acording to guix describe
<andreas-e>Altadil: Sorry to hear this, then I do not know.
<Altadil>andreas-e: that’s fine, thanks for your help
<jpoiret>Altadil: maybe it's that very commit that broke it, you could try
pulling from a commit earlier
<Altadil>jpoiret: going back to one commit before worked, thanks !

Could you maybe have another look?

Andreas