Re: LaTeX: Need help with packaging a book in GNU Guix

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: LaTeX: Need help with packaging a book in GNU Guix
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 12:58:18 +0200

Hello,

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:

> "Artyom V. Poptsov" <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> -\usepackage{amssymb}
>> -\usepackage{marvosym}
>> I think that it is not worth the effort to use the "marvosym" package as
>> I can easily draw the single symbol I want from the package myself.  But
>> maybe there's a problem with "texlive-marvosym" package as well, don't
>> know for sure though.
>
> Since the switch to split texlive packages, many of my documents don’t
> compile yet (but I did not yet find out why, so I sadly can’t really
> help you) and I also use marvosym. So maybe something more general.

I looked at the "texlive-marvosym" package again, but couldn't spot
anything suspicious.

OTOH, Artyom successfully built their book in a "--pure" shell
environment, so that package may not be the culprit. It more sounds like
an incompatibility between Ubuntu's TeX Live packages and Guix's.
I admit I don't understand the problem, tho.

In any case, feel free to report the errors you encounter with your
documents (without necessarily spending time investigating). This is
a valuable feedback for finding out bugs in modular TeX live.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou