Encrypted install in VM stuck in GRUB

From: David Lecompte
Subject: Encrypted install in VM stuck in GRUB
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:42:00 +0200

Hi all,

I installed guix in an x86 virtual machine, using the 1.4 installer. I
selected the guided partitioning option with encryption, so everything was
done by the installer.

When the installation is finished and the virtual machine reboots, I haveĀ

-- copy start --
Booting from Hard Disk...
GRUB loading..
Welcome to GRUB!

Attempting to decypt master key...
Enter passphrase for hd0,gpt2 (<some hexa>)
-- copy end --

Then I type the passphrase (I was very careful that the focus is in the vm
screen and to not make any mistake, and I did the same twice) and I have

-- copy start --
error: access denied.
error: no such cryptodisk found.
error: disk 'cryptoduuid/<the same hexa> not found
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>
-- copy end --

I have setup the keyboard to use French azerty layout in the installer, then
I was expecting my keyboard layout to be that one when typing the
passphrase. If it is not so, then I typed a wrong password but in other
distros, the message I got when typing a wrong password is pretty different,
so maybe this is not the problem.

Is the encrypted disk option working ok in the installer?

Thanks,
David.