Ocamlfind doesn't find arbitrary library

From: Garek Dyszel
Subject: Ocamlfind doesn't find arbitrary library
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:08:38 -0400

Hi Guix,

While trying to get Coq to find a certain package that is part of its
dependency chain, I stumbled upon the following seemingly-general
problem. It seems that Ocaml packages are not in general detected by
findlib.

Probably I'm missing something really simple because I'm not too
familiar with Ocaml, but it looks to me to be maybe a Guix-specific
problem.

Thanks for any and all help!
Garek

---
Command from which this originates:
$ guix shell ocaml-findlib ocaml-sha -- ocamlfind list
bigarray            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
bytes               (version: [distributed with OCaml 4.02 or above])
compiler-libs       (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.bytecomp (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.common (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.native-toplevel (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.optcomp (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.toplevel (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
dynlink             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
findlib             (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.dynload     (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.internal    (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.top         (version: 1.9.5)
ocamldoc            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
stdlib              (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
str                 (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
threads             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
threads.none        (version: [internal])
threads.posix       (version: [internal])
unix                (version: [distributed with Ocaml])