GuixSD on T440p won't boot or install properly / missing free software .

From: Kodcu
Subject: GuixSD on T440p won't boot or install properly / missing free software ... nouveau ...
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:51:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I had trouble arriving at the blue screen to install GuixSD with a USB on my
T440p but then, I burned a DVD and then I could install it with some error
message but I cannot boot it afterwards. The message was:
missing free software ... nouveau ... bios ctor failed: -22 unable to locate
usable image
but then the installation carried on and it seemed to be successful.

Now I can see grub and then it the logo of Guix with gray background. Then
nothing else happens.

By the way, during the installation on the blue screen I got another warning:
your graphics hardware possibly does not work, expect trouble! Perhaps pass
"nomodeset" to the kernel args and need to configure uvesafb kernel module. I
am a bit stuck here.

I am passing nomodeset during the boot by pressing e but it has no effect.
Any help?
 Thanks
--
 Verzonden met Tutanota, veel plezier met beveiligde en advertentievrije emails: